New Jersey Transit - Port Morris Yard Improvements
Roxbury Township, NJ
- Rehabilitate former freight yard for use as a passenger train service and storage facility
- Trackwork includes 10,000 lf of track and 9 turnouts
- Construction of detention pond with gabion walls, earth berm and timber sound wall
- 4,800 SF crew facility
- 6,000 LF of storm and sanitary sewer
- Excavation and site grading
- Train sanding and fueling system
- Adjacent to active trackage
Excavation and site grading, installation of 6,000 lf of storm and sanitary sewer, 4,000 lf of water lines and yard hydrant system, construction of detention pond with gabion walls, earth berm, and timber sound wall. Construction of 4,800 sf crew facility for yard crew offices, yard train crew lockers and shower facilities. Construction of service and inspection facility including 800 sf support building, train sanding and fueling system and an oil/water separator system. Installation of approximately 10,000 lf of track with 9 turnouts. Installation of (7) seven 1,000 gallon propane tanks for building heat and operation of switch heaters.
Start of construction 10/1994 – completion 03/1996.