Staten Island, New York
- Bridge structure – 64’ span by 53’ width consisting of 12 precast box beams
- Concrete work – 6,900± SY of reinforced concrete runway beams
- Drainage – 3,300 LF of cast-in-place reinforced concrete trench drain
- Track Work – 9,400 TF of ballasted track 6 1,500 TF of precast concrete grade crossing & 16 turnouts
- Earthwork & Paving – 42,000 CY RCA-DGA material, 12,900 tons Macadam
- Mechanical Work – Compressed air system with 2,800 LF pipe in casing
- Electrical work – 12 high mast lighting towers, 100 hand holes, 60,000 LF conduit &3,000LF concrete encased duct bank
The project involves the construction of an Intermodal Cargo Facility designed to load and unload freight from container ships to rail cars. The Phase IA portion of the project site is almost 20 acres with rough dimensions of 2,500 feet by 325 feet. The site will incorporate five (5) yard tracks that will be loaded and unloaded by a series of Rubber Tired Gantry Cranes (RTG’s). Each of the RTG’s will operate on a pair of concrete runway beams set parallel to the yard tracks.
This new facility will be part of the Port of New York and New Jersey’s ExpressRail System, a network of Intermodal rail terminals, railroad yards and new rail connections that will link the major container terminal operations in the harbor with efficient Intermodal rail capabilities.
Bridge Structure – a 64’ span by 53’ width consisting of 12 precast box beams set on an abutment foundation of drilled in place concrete piers;
Concrete Work- 6,900+/- SY of reinforced concrete runway beams; 3,000 +/- SY reinforced concrete pavement – 14-16” thick.
Drainage – 3,300 lf of cast-in-place reinforced0 concrete trench drain; 3,700 lf of reinforced concrete culvert pipe.
Track work – 9,400 TF of Ballasted track; 6 1,500 TF of precast concrete grade crossings; 7 each #10 Turnouts, 9 each #8 Turnouts.
Earthwork and Paving – 42,000 CY RCA-DGA material; 12,900 tons plant mix Macadam; 10,700 tons bottom course asphalt; 9,800 tons surface course asphalt.
Mechanical Work - Compressed Air System with 2,800 LF 2” pipe in 5” casing.
Electrical work – 12 high mast lighting towers; 100+ hand holes – mostly 3X3 and 4X4 with airport loading capabilities; 3,000 LF of concrete encased duct bank with 60,000 LF conduit were installed.
Start of Construction 07/2005 – Substantial Completion 04/2006.