Corbin St 1A & 1B
- Install 8 miles of new ballasted CWR track on wood tie
- Install 55 each #10 Conrail standard turnouts
- Coordinate procurement of new material and reuse of select material to minimize cost and accommodate complex staging
- Coordinate with active railroad as well as adjacent construction projects
- Much of the trackwork performed on night and weekend outages
Corbin St 1A
Railroad Construction Co., Inc. was awarded a project from the Port Authority for the construction of a new multispan elevated railway structure totaling 175 LF. The elevated superstructure was constructed using precast prestressed concrete box beams. It was supported with 80ea 16” diameter pipe piles with an average length of 55 LF. In addition to the above structure, RCC also installed approximately 9000 CY of fill surcharge while removing and disposing existing pavement, concrete, miscellaneous track material, etc. The track portion of the project includes approximately 13,000 LF of track and fourteen turnouts. The work consists of installing two new lines and a new rail yard including the subballast, ballast, timber ties, tie pads, pandrol fasteners and 136# RE Continuous Welded Rail (CWR).
Corbin St 1B
Railroad Construction Co., Inc. was awarded the trackwork subcontract from Union Paving and Construction Company for the continuation of Expressrail Corbin Street Intermodal Project. Railroad Construction’s portion of the work includes approximately five miles of track, twelve Crossovers, and seventeen Turnouts. The work was being done in the vicinity of two active tracks, the Conrail Chemical Coast Track and the Conrail Yard Track, therefore several portions of the projects were performed during outages. In total there were seven weekend outages and five night outages.